Lightning Safety Tips (Outdoor)
- When there is lightning, stay inside a building
- Avoid high ground and open spaces
- Standing under tall trees can be dangerous, so are flying kites and swimming.
- Do not carry an umbrella
- Avoid working on machines
- Remaining inside a car or bus is safe but one should not touch any metal.
- Avoid crouching down and covering ears
Lightning Safety Tips (Indoor)
- Stay away from windows
- Do not use telephone
- Do not bath
- Do not lean on walls
- Avoid electronic equipment
- Do not wash dishes
- Unplug appliances