Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday chaired a high level meeting here at the Kharvela Bhavan to review the State’s preparedness in dealing with outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Chief Minister said as the Corona Virus Disease has now spread to more than 80 countries, the State Government is keeping a close watch over the emerging situation. He asked people not to panic.
The Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) has also devised an action plan to tackle the spread of the virus.
The following officers and Government departments are required to pursue these actions to activate the preparedness.
- Chief Secretary and Collectors shall review the emerging situation on a daily basis. The State level and District level Empowered Committees constituted under their chairmanship shall take all necessary decisions as the situation emerges.
- Health & Family Welfare Department shall make emergency procurement of sufficient quantities of N95 masks, Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) for protecting our doctors and health care personnel. Buffer stocks of essential drugs and surgical shall be maintained to meet the requirement of nine months. All hospitals including those in the private sector must be asked to set up isolation facilities. Clinical protocols must be followed meticulously.
- Revenue & Disaster Management Department and Home Department shall ensure that all Revenue and police officials will assist health officials in contact tracing and enforcing home isolation whenever the need arises.
- Finance Department shall authorise Health & Family Welfare Department to make emergency procurements in relaxation of the OGFR norms. The Public Health Response Fund shall be augmented as per need.
- General Administration Department shall restrict foreign travel of all Ministers and officers. Biometric Attendance System shall be relaxed in all government offices until further orders.
- Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water Department shall conduct special Gram Panchayat and Panchayat Samiti Meetings to spread awareness on COVID-2019. All Panchayats shall be asked to keep village surroundings clean and manage waste disposal properly.
- Housing & Urban Development Department shall ensure that all ULBs will maintain cleanliness with proper waste disposal. Proper hygiene in all Aahar Kendras must be maintained. Hoarding and Banners with related IEC content must be displayed at all prominent places.
- W&CD & MS Department shall mobilise all SHGs to create awareness. Proper hygiene must be maintained at all AWCs.
- Commerce & Transport Department shall ensure that seats, handles & bars of all public transport vehicles are sanitized every day. Masks may be provided to travellers who cough & sneeze frequently. Guidelines on respiratory etiquette be displayed.
- School & Mass Education Department shall issue advisory that floors, tables, desks, door handles & bars at the educational institutions must be disinfected every day. Sick children be advised to stay at home. Soap & running water must be available and hand washing be promoted as a mission. Special arrangements to be made in hostels.
Overall, proper IEC should be undertaken so that people do not panic. Do’s & Don’ts need to be widely publicised. Unnecessary travel should not be undertaken and large gatherings be discouraged. Hand washing must be promoted on a mission mode. The specific steps to be taken by each Department have been detailed and circulated to all the Departments. All Departments must comply to that.