Bhubaneswar, May 9: Odisha recorded 10,635 new COVID-19 infections on Sunday, taking the tally of cases to 5,34,842, recording 2% drop in the positivity rate in the last 48 hours. This marks a slight decrease in the daily tally of cases as on Saturday, 11,807 new cases were recorded.
The total positivity rate (TPR) today stood at 21.81 per cent while it was 23.21% on Friday and 24% on Saturday, respectively.
As many as 19 patients succumbed to the deadly virus during the period taking the death toll to 2,180 in the State.
Khurda district again topped the list of worst-hit district with 1,564 cases in last 24 hours followed by Sundergarh (943), Cuttack (887), Samablpur (641), Angul (559)and Angul also witnessed a rapid surge with 641 and 559.
Three districts witnessed a rapid rise in number of cases. Those are Kalahandi ( 469), Jharsuguda (456) and Bargarh (443).
Nabarangpur registered 336 while Puri witnessed 443 new cases and Nuapada 324. As many as 318 people tested positive for the virus in Bolangir district in the last 24 hours.
Similarly, 301 cases have been detected in Balasore district followed by Jajpur (290), Ganjam (266) and Nayagarh (253).
Mayurbhanj and Boudh districts reported 179 cases each during the period. Sonepur recorded (149), Dhenkanal (146), Deogarh (137), Koraput, (127), Jagatsinghpur (140), Kendrapara (117), Gajapati (101). Bhadrak district stood at 100 while rest of the districts witnessed below 100 cases.
Details of the COVID-19 deaths:
1. A 47 years old male of Angul district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
2. A 61 years old male of Bolangir district.
3. A 77 years old male of Bhubaneswar
4. A 52 years old male of Bhadrak district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
5. A 60 years old male of Dhankanal district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
6. A 65 years old male of Ganjam district.
7. A 52 years old male of Gajapati district.
8. A 30 years old male of Jajpur district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease.
9. A 55 years old female of Jharsuguda district.
10. A 56 years old female of Khordha district who was also suffering from Hypertension & Chronic Kidney Disease.
11. A 71 years old male of Khordha district.
12. A 45 years old male of Kalahandi district.
13. A 35 years old male of Kalahandi district.
14. A 43 years old male of Kalahandi district.
15. A 62 years old female of Puri district.
16. A 46 years old male of Rayagada district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Chronic Kidney Disease.
17. A 38 years old male of Sambalpur district.
18. A 22 years old male of Subarnapur district.
19. A 28 years old male of Sundargarh district.