Biju Patnaik Airport switches entirely to green sources of energy with 4 MWp solar plants


Bhubaneswar, May 6: Bhubaneawar MP Aparajita Sarangi on Saturday inaugurated the 4MWp Ground Mounted Solar Power Plant at the Biju Patnaik International Airport (BPIA) here.

The airport has installed a 4MWp solar power plant in the operational area which includes 10530 PV modules of 380W each.

MP Sarangi chaired the Bhubaneswar Airport Advisory Committee Meeting today and inaugurated the 4 MW Solar Power Plant within the Airport premises. Airport Director Prasanna Pradhan was also present.

“I am glad to learn that Bhubaneswar Airport has turned into a ‘Green’ Airport- generating Solar Power more than its requirement,” said Sarangi.

With the installation of the 4MWp Ground Mounted Solar Power Plant in the operational area, the airport becomes one of India’s 100 per cent sustainable airports.

According to reports, the solar plant is spread over an area of 13.28 acres with a project cost of Rs 18.75 crore.

The BPIA produces around 60 per cent of the airport’s electricity requirement through its onsite solar generation and the rest 40 per cent from other green sources such as hydro energy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *