Initiatives taken by Commerce & Transport Dept
1. Govt. of Odisha extended required assistance to the families of deceased. 84 ambulances have commenced journey to ferry families carrying the mortal remains to their native places; 18 more are on reserve.
4 within Odisha, 35 to Bihar and 43 to West Bengal
2. Free bus service to Kolkata from Puri Bhubaneswar & Cuttack for stranded passengers.
3. Help desks have been set up for assistance at the Bus Stands & Railway Stations of Bhubaneswar & Cuttack.
4. As many as 47 children rescued from accident sites were sent home to Bhagalpur, Bihar in a special bus.
5. Funds were sanctioned in respect of RTOs (Bhubaneswar, Cuttack & Puri) for free of cost ferrying of stranded passengers.
6. Total 22 buses with 1,070 passengers from Cuttack-Kolkata
As many as 47 buses with 2,030 passengers from Puri-Kolkata
As many 36 buses with 1,665 passengers from Bhubaneswar-Kolkata
7. Total 21 buses from Bhubaneswar Railway Station to Balasore with 1,050 passengers inside Odisha
As many as 105 buses from Cuttack Railway station to Balasore with 5,344 passengers inside Odisha.