Bhubaneswar November 20: The Bhubaneswar Metro Rail Corporation on Monday signed an MoU with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) for the construction of Phase-I of the proposed Bhubaneswar Metro Rail Project.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik graced the occasion through virtual mode. The State Government will bear the entire project cost of Rs 6,255 crore.
As per the MoU, DMRC will work as turn-key consultant for the project which will span from Bhubaneswar Airport to Trishulia. The project will be fully funded by Odisha Government and completed in four years.
Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said that the MoU signals the emergence of a new epoch in transportation history of Odisha and is poised to transform transportation landscape of the Bhubaneswar Capital Region.
The Chief Minister highlighted that Metro Rail project is a flagship programme under 5T initiative which will also symbolise the emergence of a new Odisha.
The project was announced by the Chief Minister on April 1 this year.
Housing and Urban Development Minister Usha Devi, Science & Technology Minister Ashok Panda, 5T Chairman VK Pandian, Chief Secretary Pradeep Jena, DMRC MD Vikas Kumar were present on the occasion through virtual platform.
The main features of the project is :–
• Length of the project from Bhubaneswar Airport to Trisulia square is 26 Kms.
• There will be 20 Metro stations including at Capital Hospital, Rajmahal square, Jayadev Vihar square and Patia square.
• The Metro rail tracks and stations will be on elevated viaducts.
• Ultra-modern Coaches and signaling system will be adopted
• Advanced Ticketing System.