Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister and BJD president Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday unveiled party’s election manifesto that focused on women, farmers and youths.
Here are the key promises
- One-time start-up allowance of Rs 10 lakh to 10,000 youths and creation of six lakh employment opportunities in six focus sectors through Make In Odisha and education loan at 0%.
- Reservation 75% jobs in all upcoming industries for qualified local youths, skill 15 lakh youths in 5 years through Skilled In Odisha.
- Execution of Joint Upliftment of Habitations and Regions (JUHAR), envisaging Special Development Councils (SDCs) in eight districts and three sub-divisions. SDCs to have professionals and experts onboard and untied corpus funds.
- To provide Rs 5,000 crore Government business to women SHGs with a profit of about Rs 5,000 crore.
- Marriage assistance of Rs 25,000 for daughters of poor families
- Free education to girl child education.
- KALIA Commission to be set up to monitor KALIA implementation and to recommend revision of rate after three years.
- Interest free loans up to Rs 1 lakh
- An assistance of Rs 10,000 per year for farmers and Rs 12,000 for landless labourers
- A state-of-the-art 24*7 farmer call centre with all modern technical logistics will be set up
- Enhancement of MSP to Rs 2,930 to be pursued with Central Governemnt who finalises MSP