Bhubaneswar: Naveen Patnaik will take oath as Chief Minister of Odisha on Wednesday, along with 11 Cabinet and nine Ministers of State (MoS).
The following MLAs will be inducted as Ministers in Patnaik’s new team.
- Ranendra Pratap Swain (Athagarh)
- Bikram Keshari Arukh (Bhanjanagar)
- Prafulla Kumar Mallik (Kamakhya Nagar)
- Niranjan Pujari (Sonepur)
- Padmanabha Behera (Biramaharajpur)
- Pratap Jena (Mahanga)
- Arun Kumar Sahoo (Nayagarh)
- Sudam Marndi (Bangiriposi)
- Susanta Singh (Bhatli)
- Naba Kishore Das (Jharsuguda)
- Tukuni Sahu (Titliagarh)
Ministers of State (MoS)
- Ashok Chandra Panda (Bhubaneswar-Ekamra)
- Samir Ranjan Dash (Nimapara)
- Jyoti Prakash Panigarh (Simulia)
- Dibya Shankar Mishra (Junagarh)
- Premananda Nayak (Telkoi)
- Raghunandan Das (Balikuda-Ersama)
- Padmini Dian (Kotpad)
- Tusharkanti Behera (Kakatpur)
- Jagannath Saraka (Bissam Cuttack)
Further, Digapahandi MLA Surjya Narayan Patro is likely to become new Speaker of Odisha Legislative Assembly while Binjharpur MLA Pramila Mallick is likely to be appointed as Government Chief Whip.
Patnaik will take oath as the Chief Minister of Odisha for a record fifth consecutive term at 10.30 am at the Exhibition Ground on Wednesday. Governor Ganeshi Lal will administer the oath to the CM and other Ministers. Nearly, 5,000 people would present at the oath-taking ceremony.
The BJD has emerged a clear winner, bagging 112 in the 147-strong Assembly. In the outgoing Assembly, the regional party had 117 seats. It too bagged 12 seats out of the 21 Lok Sabha seats.