Senior IPS officer Abhay, who uses only single name, was appointed as the new Director General of Police (DGP) of Odisha. A notification in this regard was issued by the Odisha Home Department on Wednesday. He will take over the new responsibility soon.
Here is all you need to know about the new head of the Odisha police force
- Abhay is an Odisha cadre 1986-batch IPS officer
- He is currently Director Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad.
- He has already served as the head of the Odisha Crime Branch and Odisha Special Branch.
- In Government of India he has worked in CBI, Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D), CRPF and Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).
- He has also served on international deputation to Commonwealth Fund for Technical Cooperation. During his seven years tenure in CBI, apart from heading Anti Corruption Branch of CBI in Odisha, he was DIG of Bank Frauds and Security Cell in Delhi.
- He was also Director of CBI Academy.
- Abhay is an enthusiastic trainer. He was ADG (Training) in CRPF. In BPR&D he worked as Director (Training) for two years.
- He had also headed CBI Academy for two years.
- In his commonwealth assignment also, he worked on training and capacity building.
- Abhay was DG, NCB from January 2018 to July 2019.
- He headed Indian delegation for agency level talks with Myanmar, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Russia and Indonesia.
- He represented India in UN Conference on Narcotic Drugs.
- He presided over numerous meetings of Narcotics co-ordination within the countries as well.
- He has received Indian Police Medal for Meritorious Service and President’s Medal for Distinguished Service.